Tallahassee DUI Attorneys
3653 Cagney Drive, Suite 203
Tallahassee, Florida 32309
Phone Number: (850) 894 1494
Fax: 866 464 2505
Why Hire Attorney Gus Soto
If you have been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you need an experienced DUI defense attorney on your side. Gus Soto concentrates his criminal practice on defending drunk driving cases in Tallahassee and throughout North Florida and South Georgia. Attorney Soto understands how difficult a DUI charge can be and he is prepared to take all steps available to fight for your rights.
- Specialized DUI Training. Attorney Soto has completed a number of highly specialized training courses, including the Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) and Advanced Roadside Impairment Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) courses. He is also certified in NHTSA field sobriety testing and as an operator of the Intoxilyzer 8000 and 9000 breath alcohol testing machines.
- Extensive Experience. Prior to entering private practice, Gus Soto served as an Assistant State Attorney for the 4th Judicial Circuit where he gained extensive experience prosecuting both misdemeanor and felony DUI crimes. He has practiced law for nearly 30 years and has handled more than 200 jury and non-jury DUI trials.
- Time is critical when you have been charged with a DUI. Gus Soto offers 24/7 availability to ensure that you have access to his services when you need them the most. He is fluent in Spanish and English and offers four convenient office locations: Tallahassee, Panama City, Valdosta and Thomasville.
The penalties for driving under the influence are severe – you could lose your driver’s license, pay stiff monetary fines, and face significant jail time. If are dealing with a DUI, you need to be represented by a strong and supportive Tallahassee drunk driving lawyer who knows what it takes to win your case.
Attorney Gus Soto will work vigorously to protect your legal rights. He has practiced law for nearly thirty years and is licensed in both Florida and Georgia. His criminal practice is focused exclusively on the defense of DUI cases in the northern Florida and southern Georgia region. This practice focus combined with his specialized training and experience, gives Gus Soto a competitive edge when defending DUI cases. Soto knows what the law requires of police officers and he is able to investigate the matter and cross-examine law enforcement officials effectively in drunk driving hearing and trials.
When you are facing a DUI charge, a great deal is at stake. While many Tallahassee attorneys will likely to take your case, you need to be certain that you are represented by the right lawyer. Gus Soto is an experienced DUI lawyer who will personally handle your case from start to finish. He offers a number of key strategic advantages, including:
- Four Strategic Office Locations: Tallahassee, Panama City, Valdosta, and Thomasville
- 24/7 Availability
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Flat Rate Fee in DUI/DWI Cases
- Extensive experience trying felony and misdemeanor DUI cases
- Membership in the National College of DUI Defense and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Certified Drug Recognition Expert
What Clients are Saying
About Florida DUI Law
The DUI laws in Florida are very strict. It is illegal to operate a vehicle in the state if your blood alcohol content (BAC) is 0.08% or higher. Individuals who are caught driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs face severe fines and penalties, including serious jail time. It is important to recognize that if you have been charged with a DUI in Florida you will face both administrative and criminal proceedings. These proceedings are handled independently of one another. This means that you may be subject to the administrative suspension of your license as well as criminal penalties, including monetary fines and jail time.
Take Centerville road north. Turn left onto Shamrock Street South (Back entrance of Killearn Estates). Turn left onto Cagney Drive. 3653 Cagney Drive. Suite 203 is on your left.
Tallahassee is the capital of Florida and serves as the county seat of Leon County. The city is located in the Florida Panhandle and has a population of 186,411 according to 2013 U.S. Census Bureau estimates. As the home to Florida State University and Florida A&M University, Tallahassee is well known as a college town. Education and health services, along with government, manufacturing, transportation, finance, hospitality and construction, all play a major role in the region’s economy.
Free Initial Consultation
If you have been arrested for drunk driving in Tallahassee it is important to speak with an experienced DUI defense attorney as quickly as possible. Under Florida law you only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request an administrative hearing. If you fail to make your request within the 10-day period, your driver’s license will be automatically suspended. Gus Soto can help you deal with the serious charges that you are facing. He will thoroughly explain how the legal process works and will develop a strategy to help you fight your charges. You can contact Attorney Soto 24/7 to schedule a free consultation by calling his Tallahassee office at 888-440-7686 or completing the online contact form.