Valdosta DUI Lawyer
100 North Patterson, Suite B
Valdosta, Georgia 31601
Phone Number: (229) 224-2356
Fax: 866 464 2505
Contact Gus Soto
Have you been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in Georgia? Attorney Gus Soto is a dedicated DUI lawyer who represents clients who have been arrested for drunk driving in Valdosta and throughout the South Georgia area. DUI is a serious crime. Even if this is your first offense, a DUI conviction can cost you thousands of dollars in fines, up to one year in prison and a lengthy license suspension. Attorney Gus Soto knows how to battle the charges you are facing. He appreciates what is at stake and he will do everything possible to protect your legal rights.
Gus Soto Has In-Depth Understanding of DUI Cases
Attorney Gus Soto’s training and background gives him special insight into how the government prosecutes drunk driving cases. As a former Assistant State Attorney, Gus Soto gained extensive experience litigating both misdemeanor and felony DUI cases. He has also has completed specialized DUI certification and training programs.
- He is a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). The DRE course represents the highest level of training for DUI police officer. Less than 1% of police officers have completed this course to become certified Drug Recognition Experts.
- He completed the Advanced Roadside Impairment Driving Enforcement (ARIDE). The ARIDE course is vital to of police officers in drug-related DUI cases. Only a very small number of officers have completed the ARIDE course.
- He acquired specialized training in DUI trial work at Harvard University College of Law.
- He is certified in NHTSA field sobriety testing. The NHTSA training program was developed to help law enforcement officers better detect DWI suspects, describe their behavior, and present effective testimony in court.
- He is a certified operator of the Intoxilyzer 8000 and 9000 breath alcohol testing machines. These are the testing machines used by Georgia police officers to determine if a driver is over the limit.
About Attorney Soto
Gus is a seasoned Valdosta DUI attorney who has tried over 200 jury and non-jury DUI trials. He has been practicing law for nearly 30 years and is licensed in both Georgia and Florida. From the initial consultation through the completion of your case, Attorney Soto will work one-on-one with you to help you overcome the charges you are facing. A DUI is considered a serious crime in the State of Georgia. If you are caught driving under the influence, the State can revoke your driver’s license, impose stiff fines and sentence you to significant time in prison.
While a DUI charge can be overwhelming, Gus Soto’s law firm offers many key benefits to help clients get through this difficult situation, including:
- Extensive DUI trial experience in both misdemeanor and felony cases
- 24/7 Availability
- Four office locations: Valdosta and Thomasville, Georgia and Panama City and Tallahassee, Florida
- Flat rate fees in DUI cases
- Payment plans
- Acceptance of all major credit cards
- Fluency in English and Spanish
While there may be many DUI lawyers in Valdosta to choose from, Gus Soto’s extensive experience, specialized training and dedication to his clients provide a strong strategic advantage to defeating a driving under the influence charge.
What Clients are Saying
About Georgia DUI Law
If you are arrested for a DUI in Georgia, you will only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request an administrative hearing about your driver’s license. If you do not make a request within the 10-day period, your license will be automatically suspended. In addition to losing your license, you will also face separate criminal sanctions. The criminal penalties for a DUI in Georgia can be severe, including thousands of dollars in fines and incarceration. If this is not your first DUI, or if you have injured or killed another person, your criminal penalties will be even more severe.
Our office is located in the Wisenbaker Building which is on the corner of U.S. 84 and North Patterson Street. If you are traveling east on U.S. 84, take a left on Toombs, a right on W. Valley and a right on North Patterson. The building will be on your right.
Valdosta is located in the southern portion of Georgia and serves as the county seat of Lowndes County. The city’s population stood at 56,481 in 2013 based upon U.S. Census Bureau estimates. Valdosta is known as the Azalea City and hosts an annual Azalea Festival each March. The city is home to Valdosta State University and Moody Air Force Base sits about nine miles northeast in Lowndes County.
Free Initial Consultation
If you have been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in Valdosta, contact Valdosta drunk driving attorney Gus Soto today. Gus Soto has offices in Valdosta and Thomasville, Georgia as well as in Tallahassee and Panama City, Florida. His firm offers no-cost initial consultations where he will review your charges and identify your legal options. You can reach Gus Soto 24/7 by calling 888-440-7686 or by completing the online contact form.